Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Takayama


Photobucket

Photobucket


We recently spent two nights in Takayama after my book promotion tour. Takayama town has a lovely traditional and retro feel to it which makes for wonderful photo taking afternoons.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


During the evenings you could walk along side the river and listen to yukata clad couples clip clopping along in traditional Japanese timber shoes. You could peek into busy izakayas through front doors which were left open in attempt to cool down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We rented bikes one afternoon and rode around the local parks and headed over to a local famous French bakery. We wondered around the traditional part of town and stopped in a local cafe and drank sake on a log table. Takayama is a lovely little town and worth spending a night there if you are heading on to Shirakawago.

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos! I just love the soft colours! I wish I could go there some day!

    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello The Squirrel and I, Thank you for your nice comment! I hope you can enjoy Gifu prefecture one day. x

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful! I really enjoyed all the pictures you took:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so simple and smart.
    There's a purity about it.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pom Pom, Thank you for your comment. I am happy you could enjoy the photographs.

      Delete
  4. Really love these photos, it's so lovely to see a bit of Japan that we might not so likely see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly (nice kind of blue). I am so happy you could enjoy the images.

      Delete
  5. nice photos and nice place! I would like to walk into Takayama parcs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope you have the chance to visit Gifu Prefecture one day.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful images showing the streets of Takayama as it is. Ok. My next trip is going to be to Japan (saving the pennies!).

    Keep sharing these gems ^_^

    ~Bevolee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bevolee, I am sure you will enjoy your trip to Japan. :)

      Delete
  7. Takayama is one of my favourite places in Japan and we travel there quite regularly from home in Gifu. I love the traditional inns, shops and sake breweries still in operation, and the old part of town is full of amazing traditional buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Takayama when I visited.....it really was a great place to walk about - and we tried on the wooden shoes too - haven't laughed so much.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos ~ it looks like there was very few people around, was it quite a quiet day?

    ReplyDelete