Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello Sandwich x mt summer school in Kagawa

Photobucket

Hello Sandwiches!

My favourite brand mt are flying me down to Kagawa to host more Hello Sandwich x mt workshops this weekend! I've always wanted to go to Kagawa and the chance to be flown down and stay at a lovely ryokan and explore the area with the mt creatives will be too good to be true.


The Hello Sandwich x mt workshops at Kagawa are sold out (we are thinking of adding a third workshop so stay tuned to the mt website) but the lovely staff made this little text book for the people who missed out and I thought you might enjoy it too. I hope you will enjoy making a mt wrap and plastic bag mt pompom!

Simply make a bag from mt wrap (using these techniques) , layer some mt tape around the top edge, cover your handles with mt tape, and make a cute pompom from mt covered layers of plastic bag. (The full tutorial for the pompoms are in my Gift Wrapping Guide available for $10)

Photobucket

Photobucket


The mt factory is super close to where the workshops will be hold and amazingly the Kamoi staff will give me a private factory tour!!! kyaaa~! I'm so excited! If you want a peek around the factory stay tuned to my instagram account.

By the way, did you know that in addition to the cute mt x uniqlo t-shirts, there is also a super cute range of mt x uniqlo scarves? Be quick!

Photobucket

And, I had a nice little surprise (and a funny little career highlight ha ha) when I saw my artworks featured on the front page of the mt website!

AND, in two days, I'll be holding advance copies of my brand new Japanese Craft Book in one hand and toasting some sparking wine with my editor in the other hand. OMG. I can't wait to share the book with you!


Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing your book Ebony! Will you do any book tour-y sorts of things in Sydney?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for your note. At the moment there are no plans for book tour in Sydney sadly :(

      Delete
  2. This is so amazing Ebony! So many congratulations on your new book and working with the amazing mt! You must be so very excited!

    YAY! Thank you so much for sharing the workshop! Hope you have a wonderful time in Kagawa! Really looking forward to your new book and seeing the lovely pictures from the factory tour!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete