Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Commune Gallery Shimokitazawa

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This lovely little gallery and zine shop used to be 5 minutes walk from my apartment. Now it's 16 minutes since they have just re-opened at a brand new location. But that's okay because I love visiting Miyuki-chan in her beautiful new space. The sun streams in and if you ask nicely Miyuki-chan will make you some curry rice or a hot coffee and you can set up on one of the sunny tables and busy yourself scrapbooking or making other craft.

Commune is a gallery, zine shop, other nice goods shop, gallery, and you can even get yourself a nice cold beer from the cute mini Kirin fridge. You can buy cute things such as stamps, t-shirts, cards, badges, earrings and at the moment you can pick up some nice calendars hot off the press.

While I was there the other day, Kana-chan, one of Miyuki-chan's artists came in and gave me a lollypop! It's just a really nice place to be. If you are in Tokyo, I think you might enjoy popping in. It's a short six minute walk from Shimokitazawa (if you're not familiar with the area best to print off the map first as there are some back streets to tackle) or it's super close at two minutes from Shin-Daita station on the same Inokashira line.

Oh! And I'll be hosting a Nengajo making workshop there in December! I hope you can come! Details to come.

There are only a few spots left for my Pocket Tissue Case Making Workshop at Shibaura House on 17th November. Let me know if you'd like to come and I'll reserve you a spot.

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Ohh what an adorable gallery + shop + cafe! It wish I could look through the table of zines. I'm jotting a note-to-self with the gallery name, in case I plan a trip to Tokyo. Good luck with your upcoming workshop! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so fantastic!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. i love your blog, and what an amazing job you do! You are incredibly talented! I will follow your blog, right away.

    Maybe visit my photo-blog, if you like:)

    Nanna, Denmark
    www.Nannabyphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awe-some is that! Congratulations! I hope I can come to Commune when I go back w/ my おねえさん. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ebony-chan! It was nice meeting you! Did you like a lollypop?
    Hope to see you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! It's so cute! Everything! The mini-freezer, the furniture, the zines, and all the things.
    Aaaaah... I wanna eat the curry right now... I'm starving...
    I hope that the workshop in December that you said will be to in December 4th to December 10th, is when I'm going to go to Tokyo!

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh huh! They've shifted. I visited their previous space and found it empty. Nice to know they are doing well and have a new space! Hope to check it out in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I wish I can drop by this shop. I love the small collectibles offered. It must be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Ebony! Brings back memories of visiting last year - was / is such a serene little corner of perfect creativity! Never did try the curry though... reason enough itself to move back to Tokyo!

    Have missed reading your blog. Am steadily re-addicting!

    Stay doing / making / writing amazingness!

    ReplyDelete