Sunday, July 19, 2009

Japanese Magazines

Photobucket

I love magazines! I spend all day working on one, spend all my money buying them, and lots of my free time reading them. And there is only one thing I love more than magazines, and that's Japanese magazines! On my last trip to Tokyo my friend Joel introduce me to Ku:nel magazine which is now one of my favourites (ありがとうJoel!) Ku:nel is a Japanese lifestyle magazine that focuses on the quiet pleasures of life - crafts, cooking and healthy eco living. You can read more about Ku:nel here.

This is the cover of the current Ku:nel! So pretty!
Photobucket

Some other favourite Japanese magazines with a similar content are Come Home, Lingkaran and Arne. Peek inside one here.

These gorgeous magazines are available in Sydney at Kinokuniya, or in Melbourne from Kanga Kanga. For more information on how / where to order these magazines take a peek at Bree's lovely post.

And now you can order them online from Jollygoo's new online shop!

Mr Y is currently in Tokyo with his family so I have put in an order for some of theses magazines! He gets home on Wednesday and I can't wait! One of the magazines I ordered was Saisai lunch (special thanks to Bree from Ii-ne-kore for the heads up). You can see a review of Saisai Lunch here on Just Bento Blog.

Photobucket

I will post some more pictures when the magazines arrive!
Hope you had a lovely weekend!
Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xxx

13 comments:

  1. Me too is a fan of japanese magazines. Thanks for some good links here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!! thank you for mentioning my shop(wow!). 「暮らしの手帖」is a really good one if you like ku:nel. There are some more great magazines to recommend to you but I guess Mr Y's lagguage will be too heavy!? I hope he gets home safely (with LOTS of presents)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm in love with those flowers! Such a lovely ones. : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god!! hiki, i didn;t know you had set up such an amazing shop - so so so so great! abnd what a lovely post ebony - thankyou! i have to sit on my hands not to order tennen seikatsu from hiki straight away!!! i hope you enjoy the mags when mr y comes home - delightful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh i love that new cover of ku:nel with the flowers!! thats so nice!!
    and thanks for linking to my magazine post :-)
    japanese interior/home magazines are the BEST <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Japanese magazines. In Sydney, the Japan Foundation has many magazines you can sit and read for free. At Chifley Square. If you like art magazines the AGNSW has a nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting eb! it's fun to get pressies from Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have something for you but i don't know your email! (miss Lisa Loxley knows just what but she's sworn to secrecy;-)) victoria@victoriamason.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a very very cute blog you have! lovely little magazines too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh, I also love japanese magazines. I hope Kinokuniya Singapore stocks this magazine, looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Fine Little Day! I am so happy you like Japanese magazines too! They are so gorgeous! Such a lovely aesthetic!

    Hello Hiki! Doitashimashite! Thank you so much! I will check out that magazine too!

    Hello Pink Flamingo. Yes that cover is very pretty indeed!

    Hello Miho! Thank you for commenting on Hello Sandwich!

    Hello Ii-ne-kore! Yes Hiki's shop is amazing isn't it! Yay! Now we have a one stop shop for Japanese magazines and stationery! yay! Yes I am still getting through all of he magazines that Mr Y brought home! xxx

    Hello Make it easy san! How are you? My pleasure treasure! Thank you for your excellent linku! xxx

    Hello Debbieann! Yes the Japan foundation is a goodie! Tricky hours though when working full time :( alas! Thank you so much for commenting on Hello Sandwich.

    Gracie! sooooo fun desu ne! Especially when it involves an orange edamame! ha! xxx

    Earl and Cookie! I just CANT believe what you sent me! I am going to post about it this week!!!!!! You are amazing! and I love them!!!!!!!!! xxx

    Hello Cath from chunkychooky, Japanese magazine are too cute!

    Hello Designani, Thanks so much for your kind words! I am so happy you could enjoy Hello Sandwich.

    Hi Darling savage, Thank you sweet pea! That was so sweet of you to say! xxx

    Hi bohochick! Yes I hope Kinokuniya Singapore stocks it too! yay!!! It's so cute!

    Love Love
    Hello Sandwich
    xxx

    ReplyDelete